We hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving! This week, we begin the season of Advent by having a daily Advent prayer service at 8:20 am in the gym. Parents are welcome to join us for these special prayers and songs.
This Friday, December 3rd, is the end of the first trimester. Teachers will be doing final grading and preparing report cards during the following week. Report cards will be sent home with students on the following Friday, December 10th.
For third through eighth grade students, the results of the Iowa Test for Basic Skills (ITBS) are enclosed in today’s weekly envelope. Please take the time to read the enclosed letter and review your child’s test results. These test results are used in three main ways:
- To obtain information that can support instructional decisions made by teachers in the classroom.
- To provide information to students and their parents for monitoring student growth from grade to grade.
- To share and reflect on this information for improved student learning.
Standardized testing provides us with further data to help your child to succeed academically. If you have any questions about the test results, please contact your child’s teacher or the principal.
Also enclosed in today’s weekly envelope is information about Visitation Catholic School’s automated emergency contact system. This system will enable our school to contact parents immediately in an emergency. Please fill out and return the form indicating your primary and secondary emergency contact number. These numbers will be kept confidential and will be used for emergency contacts.
I wish you a blessed and holy Advent. Please see our next manners list below.
Carol Funk, Principal
Manners on the Playground
1. Respect others and use only good words
2. Include everyone and be kind
3. Play fair and safe
4. Follow the playground and game rules
5. Say you’re sorry if you hurt someone
6. Be a good sport and listen to the teacher
7. Use the equipment appropriately and put it away when your done
8. Line up when the whistle blows
9. Have Fun!